For The Love of...

Saturday, February 18, 2012
Today is about the usual, writing, editing, and the love of it all.

Yes, I'm a writer because I love it. Every part of the process (except maybe writing the synopsis). Seriously though, I have even learned to love the hard stuff. In the beginning, the first draft was it for me. I still find this as my favorite part of the process, the most creative, but through the years and the manuscripts, I've even learned to adore the plotting and editing processes. Yes, it takes longer (way longer for me), but nothing makes the story brighter, better, ballsier, than a thorough edit. And nothing makes a first draft easier to write than plotting before hand.

I'm looking back today because I've finally finished edits on GD. This is an exciting day. Scary too, don't get me wrong. But I'm less nervous than I thought I'd be at this point. So I'm taking the necessary steps and getting a little nostalgic.

Instead of doing the waiting-and-refreshing-my-inbox-every-two-seconds, I'm taking the day off today (if I can stand it) and tomorrow I'm going to figure out what's next. I have a few things on the back burner to choose from, but I think I know which will take priority. And no, I can't say yet.

Thanks for stopping by! If you'd care to share, I'd love to know, what is everyone out there working on? Are you writing, editing, working, reading, fiddling with a project that has nothing to do with books?

1 comments:

  1. Synopsis. Cringe. But I adore all other parts of the writing process. Currently, I'm revising. Happy writing!

Post a Comment